Caroline Mitsubishi is a family owned and operated local business that has been evolving with South Canterbury's motoring needs for over 50 years.

Starting off as a small backyard workshop in Hayhurst Street
Temuka in 1955, simply called Downing Garage, all types of
repair and service work were carried out. The business grew a
good reputation and by 1973 it had outgrown the small workshop.

A move to the Hally Motors Caltex service station on King Street Temuka provided the space for more mechanics and more
services to be offered including car sales and Engine Reconditioning.

By 1981 demand for Engine reconditioning meant a new
company, Engine Overhaul Services was set up in a building
across the road from Hally Motors, leaving more room for
servicing in the Hally Motors garage.
1984 saw Engine Overhaul Services re-locate to Timaru, in the building that now houses Carpet Court.

This site also had some of the first Japanese imported vehicles
into Timaru sold from the car park in quite large numbers.

In 1991 an opportunity arose to move to the current site, on
Barnard Street and the Engine Overhaul Services, car sales and workshop operations were all united under the one roof and it
was called Caroline Motors with the full Mitsubishi franchise.

Finally, in 2008 a rebuild of the current Barnard Street site made
many improvements and seen the name change to
Caroline Mitsubishi.

Still owned and operated by the same local family, we will
continue to evolve with South Canterbury's motoring needs and
strive to build on the good reputation started 3 generations ago.
© CAROLINE MITSUBISHI 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED DESIGNED AND POWERED BY AUTOBASE